Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Inauguration of President Obama


Today was a day of fanfare and optimism as President Obama takes the oath of office on a cold wintry day in Washington, D.C. The oath was fumbled by both the Chief Justice and the President. It was amusing to see a such an eloquent speaker such as the President being tongue twisted by the Chief Justice.
I didn't get to see much of the days events except for watching the oath of office during my lunch period. But I tried to catch bits and pieces throughout the day such as the parade and the balls. And check out "The Beast" aka the Presidential Limousine.
So tomorrow is going to be a different story. I want to see change in the air in Washington, D.C. to shift to our cities and towns. I want change for the better. I want to see jobs to stay and multiply. I want to see new energy resources open to the populace. I want to see children stay in school and educated. I want our country to have a sense of optimism. Most importantly, I want everyone to make the right decisions for themselves, our nation, and our world. Don't just rely on our lawmakers to make decisions for us, but make decisions for yourself and to help others.
President Obama wanted the Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday to be a day of service. I just don't want one day to be devoted to a day of service. I want lifestyle devoted to service. I want families to be role models and spend time and money for those who are less fortunate and be an example how lives can change. That is change we can believe in!
God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment