Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year - New You

New Year, New You! How many times have you heard this statement this year! Well, I am one of these people who made a New Year's Resolution. What were my resolutions? One, is to lose a little bit of weight and the other is to save a little bit of money.
I just want to discuss losing weight. Several years ago I lost about 40 pounds and I kept off most of the weight. However, my weight has been creeping up over the past two or three years. I would like to lose about twenty to thirty pounds in the next six months. So far six days into the new year, my weight has been steady. I am going on the scale each time I go into the bathroom. I have made sure i am not nibbling on little things or adding extra things when I eat.
The problem I have right now is that I don't have much energy to exercise. I belong to a gym and I find it had to stay on. I don't have enough energy. I come home from work really tired. I try to walk on most days for about an hour. This walking does me good as I gives me things to think about and relax.
On the sixth day of the new year, I went to the gym, it was just packed. I thought to myself the other day, I wonder how of these people will stick around. I have seen people that I haven't seen there for a while and I have seen people i have never seen there before. Right now, it's just too crowded for my tastes.
I am also worried about people in my family. I try to keep active. My mother lives a sedentary life and just sits in a chair watching television most of the day. She doesn't get out much and has relegated herself into getting a roll-a-tor (rolling walker) because she gets short of breath after a short distance. I get very frustrated with her because I feel she has given up.
I am also worried about my sister. She is only a year older than I am, but she is also stumped with a weight issue. I just worry about my family members and their weight because it translates into weight issues.
I am currently watching "The Biggest Loser" and I wish these people the best and hope to use them to encourage me to take the initiative to work harder.
Well, here I go trying not to nibble on anything and I wish you the best in fulfilling your new year's resolution!

No comments:

Post a Comment